Looks like Lisa had a VERY rough morning! Little Fruiti gets picked on a lot by her littermates. She is SO tiny and fragile. She had to be pulled from the rest to gain some peace! Perhaps it was the stress of being moved combined with a huge play session right before bed and WHAMO - hypoglycemia! The poor thing crashed and crashed hard. Some Nurti-Cal and a quick ride up to the vet and she is doing much better this afternoon.Photos simply do not show how tiny Fruiti is. Seriously - she is UBER TINY - like the size of a hamster. The estimated adult weight I have listed on her page is generous. She is 9 weeks old today and finally reached 1lb!!!!
A little prayer or two for this little sweetie and a 24/7 watch over the weekend and we hope all is well come Monday. Please keep her and Lisa in your thoughts.
3 comments:
Poor Fruiti! My Daisy had a bout with pancreatitis not to long ago and I was as scared as if they had removed my right arm. I had never left her along before- ever. I know I was probably more afraid than she was and I KNOW I cried more. I bugged the heck out of the receptionist calling every hour to find out how she was doing. I'm glad Fruiti is doing better- and that she's back where she belongs with you.
Does Fruiti's tiny size contribute to her hypoglycemia?
daisysmom
www.daisyandus.com
My blond chi is only 3lbs and she is tiny too. So far so good we haven't had any problems.
She's a cute little chi.
Post a Comment