Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Nightly Ritual

Each of our dogs has their won human's bed to  sleep in and with each of us having a different bedtime, they are accustom to the schedule and know when it's their time for slumber. Ace, Dewey and Colada all sleep with me so they are up the latest - My fellow night owls.

Once all of the other dogs are up and in bed, these three have their own private party. They run and play and wrestle with the whole couch to themselves, to the point of exhaustion. From that point they cuddle up between my legs, on my shoulder or simply at my side to nap until it's time for bed. That's when they are the funniest to watch as they watch my every move. I guess I am very predictable:

I get up from the couch - PERK!

Is she coming back?

Nope - She went to the kitchen....PERK!

She's running the water in the kitchen sink....(prepping for coffee in the morning)...PERK PERK!

She came back in the room!!!
PERK PERK PERK!

She turned off the T.V.!!!!! PERK PERK PERK PERK PERK PERK!!!

Now they know it's time and they are scratching at my feet as not to be forgotten (Like I could ever forget to bring any of them up with me???)

0 comments: